Leading companies, worldwide, have adopted Linux as a powerful, reliable, and inexpensive alternative to UNIX and Windows NT for many key applications. In Linux at Work, expert Marcus Goncalves makes a solid business case for Linux. He describes proven business solutions that make strategic use of Linux's inherent advantages. And, with the help of experience reports from Cisco Systems, Sony, and other Fortune 500 companies, he fills you in on:
* Linux processes, functions, and tools
* Linux business implementation strategies
* Developing enterprise applications in Linux
* Linux Internet and intranet applications
* Managing and administering a Linux Server
* Integrating Linux with legacy systems
* Key Linux developers, vendors and supporters
* Major Linux business application products-assessed for business applicability, advantages, disadvantages, technical issues, and development cycles
* Comprehensive listings of Internet Linux resources
The CD-ROM gives you:
* Source code for enterprise systems from Red Hat Software, Inc.
* A comprehensive list of Linux consultants, worldwide
Marcus Goncalves is Senior IT Analyst with Automation Research Corporation, a major consultant to manufacturing companies on IT, automation, and internetworking security. He is a regular contributor to BackOffice and Developer's Magazine, an editor with Journal for Internet Security (JSec), and the author of several computer books.
Author: Marcus Goncalves