Develop powerful embedded Linux systems with the Yocto Project components
About This Book
- A hands-on guide to enhance your ability to develop captivating embedded Linux projects
- Learn about the compelling features offered by the Yocto Project, such as customization, virtualization, and many more
- Illustrates concepts such device-emulation and cross-compiling in a pragmatic and lucid way
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Yocto and Linux enthusiast who wants to build embedded Linux systems but do not have the knowledge to do it, this is the book for you. It will also help those of you who have a bit of knowledge about Linux and the embedded world and are keen on learning more about the technology. This book will provide you with the skills needed to successfully interact with the Yocto Project components regardless of the fact that you are new to embedded development or an expert.
What You Will Learn
- Interact with and customize the bootloader for a board
- Use the Yocto Project in the embedded Linux development process
- Familiarize yourself with and customize the bootloader for a board
- Explore and work with toolchain components such as binutils, gcc, glibc (C libraries), and kernel headers
- Interact with a root filesystem for your project and also with meta layers
- Discover more about real-time layer, security, virtualization, CGL, and LSB
- Identify the Yocto Project components such as Eclipse ADT plug-ins, and Toaster
This book offers readers an idea of what embedded Linux software and hardware architecture looks like, cross-compiling, and also presents information about the bootloader and how it can be built for a specific board. This book will go through Linux kernel features and source code, present information on how to build a kernel source, modules, and the Linux root filesystem. You'll be given an overview of the available Yocto Project components, how to set up Yocto Project Eclipse IDE, and how to use tools such as Wic and Swabber that are still under development. It will present the meta-realtime layer and the newly created meta-cgl layer, its purpose, and how it can add value to poky.
Author: Alexandru Vaduva
Do you want ot get/download the Learning Embedded Linux using the Yocto Project as Paperback or Kindle/pdf eBook?